Indoor Practice Facility
Spring of 2014 through Spring 2015.
$14M, privately funded by donors to the Wolfpack Club on behalf of NC State Athletics.
Scope Full, 120-yard football field.
Roof height sufficient for kicking game, with suspended goal posts
Additional training and conditioning space beyond both end zones
4 sprint lanes down full length of field
In-ground pit and above-ground pad for long jump, triple jump, high jump and other track disciplines.
Remote-controlled video cameras
Viewing platform at the 50-yard line
Clerestory windows for natural daylight
Complete sound system
"Carter-Finley Stadium is a special place. I'll never forget what it felt like to come down that tunnel and hear that wolf howling and the crowd roaring. Then when you come out on the field, you feel like you're surrounded by red noise. I've played in a lot of games in a lot of stadiums, but never have I felt the excitement that I felt in Carter-Finley."
-Stephen Tulloch, Detroit Lions starting linebacker, Seven-year NFL veteran
- 57,583 permanent seats
- 10,000 seats for students
- Over 100 acres of parking for tailgating
The Walk of Champions ... The team running past "Fury" through the smoke and fireworks ... The "Power Sound of the South" playing the fight song ... Tuffy roaming the sidelines ... The touchdowns ... The tackles ... and the never-ending cheers of the crowd in red and white. It all combines to make game day at Carter-Finley Stadium an event to remember.
Carter-Finley Stadium Complex:
- Murphy Football Center - 103,254 square-foot operations hub
- Dail Practice Complex - seven acres and boasts three full fields (one turf field), a training room, restrooms and a video/coaching tower.
- A.E. Finley Fieldhouse - Facility in north end zone houses two spacious, state-of-the-art locker rooms that can be divided into smaller locker rooms when NC State plays host to high school championship games. There are also halftime locker room areas for the cheerleaders, the dance team, game referees and coaches.
- C. Richard Vaughn Towers - 117,000 square-foot structure, which stretches from endzone to endzone, includes four levels, 51 private luxury suites and 955 club seats, as well as a University Suite for the Chancellor. The state-of-the-art facility also includes accomodations for the media, with 112 press seats.
- Wayne T. Day Family Field - The playing surface, which was reconstructed in 2009, is built to USGA specifications for a golf green.
The Wendell H. Murphy Football Center
103,254 square feet
Locker room: Boasting 114 custom lockers, it stretches the length of the building
Sports Medicine Facility: Covers 6,000 square feet and includes an aquatics area with three pools.
Finley Hall of Champions: Highlights NC State's football tradition with photos, artifacts and interactive exhibits.
Strength & Conditioning: State-of-the-art facility that runs the entire length of the building and covers 15,000 square-feet.
Players' Lounge: Overlooks Wayne Day Family Field and contains couches, pool tables, ping-pong tables, wide-screen TVs and video games for the Wolfpack players to enjoy during breaks.
Team Meeting Room ... Computer Labs ... Study Center ... Position rooms ... Staff offices ... Offensive Staff Room ... Defensive Staff Room ... Dining area ... Equipment room.